As a Construction Repair Services (CRS) Technician, you will assist an experienced CRS Project Manager with maintenance and construction related to lake, pond and stormwater devices. While on a job site, you will work both individually and on a team, operating necessary machinery depending on the project .
This is an entry level position that will operate out of our warehouse in Concord, North Carolina.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, pumps, sprayers, hand tools, compactors, grinders, drills, jack hammers, back hoes, bobcats, dingos, etc.
- Operate automatic and stick shift vehicles such as pickup trucks/trailer combinations
- Obtain aquatic pesticide application license and understand appropriate pesticides, its application equipment and best safety practices.
- Maintain a good driving record
- Assist with general maintenance and appearance of trucks and equipment
- Perform basic mechanical installation and repairs as well as routine maintenance on equipment
- Completes necessary administrative tasks as directed
Requirements and experience
The skills necessary for lake and pond management are very specific, and we do not expect new employees to know everything. We've found that experience in construction, excavation or landscaping work has shown a similar skill set to that of lake and pond work. Specific requirements include:
- High School degree or GED
- Physically capable of lifting heavy objects and performing some strenuous work
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Vision capabilities in accordance with driver's license requirements
- Experience with customer service and/or client relations
- Professional attitude in workplace
Almost all work takes place outdoors, therefore, weather and climate, especially wet, humid, and muddy conditions should be expected. This position regularly lifts or moves weight up to 80 lbs. and requires extended periods of time standing, walking, crouching, kneeling, and reaching with hands and arms. If it be the case, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
Our company is informal, very friendly, and we treat one another like family. We have a down-to-earth, hardworking group of people who like what they do and do it well. When work is done well, this creates opportunities for a flexible work schedule - we understand the importance of life outside of work.
Pay & Benefits
The expected pay range for this position is $12-$14 an hour for the first three months, which is considered a probationary period. Following this period, pay will be salary based, including benefits which will be dependent on experience and performance during the probationary period.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical insurance
- Company cell phone
- Performance based bonuses
- Retirement plan with partial company match available after a one year period
- Company pick-up truck (dependent on employee)